Thursday, May 05, 2005

Can You Help?

OK, here's the deal. Both of my cars just had major repairs. That ate into our little savings nest egg - about two months worth of rent. We will pay next months rent, but that leaves almost nothing for other bills or food. We should be able to recover by next month or two. Mrs.Coturnix who is a night-shift ICU nurse is going to do some overtime. I teach adults at a community college and my paychecks are small and far apart, but one is coming in two weeks, and the next class also starts in two weeks. I am considering taking another job, but that will, even more, slow down my dissertation writing. Two cars are essential, given the strange work schedules and having to take Coturnix Jr. and Coturnietta to two different schools every morning. Hope for a newer better computer are now gone. That is why I have just installed a PayPal button on the sidebar. A hundred regular readers with one-time donation of $10 would pay for rent for the next month and get us back into solvency. I hate asking for help, but today, I just have to. Thanks!





3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Paul said...

Have you looked at modestneeds.org?

(As two people on one grad' student salary at the moment, this reader can't afford to help.)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

I will certainly check it out. Thanks.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Coeruleus said...

ah, what the hey, we paid for Jim's drinks the other night and we're going to a Chuck Pennacchio fundraiser tonight...how could I use the first month of IRA payments and averaging-down on a stock as an excuse not to?

Hope things will go better for the two of you soon!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Science & fun cool stuff
Circle of Science Assessment
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next


The Evolution Education Site Ring

This site ring is owned by John Stear

Previous Site

List Sites

Random Site

Join Ring

Next Site

SiteRing by Bravenet.com